Markets, Massages, and Monkeys, oh my!

Hi!
I hope all is well with you all!
We have just had a fantastic weekend! Jill, Kristin, Lisa, and I went away to Hua Hin, a 2 hour bus ride away. It has a wonderful beach - Kristin and I went for a 3 hour walk along it, and got caught in two major downpours! We saw a bunch of jelly fish washed up along the shore, a starfish, and lots of crabs! I had my first massage ever! It was an hour long Thai massage for $8 cdn. I didn't know I had so many muscles! It was really neat - she used different parts of HER body to massage mine: her forearms, elbows, and even feet! Wow! On Sunday, Kristin, Jill, and I went up to 'Monkey Mountain', a place where monkeys run free - EVERYWHERE! It was really cool. I paid 50 baht (less than $2 cdn), to feed the monkeys . . . . I don't know who was more entertaining: me or the monkeys! I was expecting one banana or something, but I got an entire basket full of bananas, corn, and peanuts! The monkeys were crazy!!! A few jumped on my head, shoulders, and legs.
Today is Monday, and at the school it is 'yellow shirt day'. This is a day where students and staff wear a yellow shirt with the King's crest on it. You can see these shirts everywhere in Thailand; many locals wear the shirt all week. The kindergarten section of the school is closed all week because there has been an outbreak of "foot and mouth" disease . . . . and I thought the worst of my worries in Canadian schools was lice and pink eye! Yikes. Last Friday, I subbed in Kindergarten; the kids were so cute, but it is difficult because they know so little english - I had to be really animated - I felt like a cartoon!
We're planning to go away again this coming weekend - hopefully with Ilda and Louis . . . . can't wait to see them!
Stay well and keep me posted with things!

3 Comments:
I'm so excited you went on your first adventure! The monkeys sound like they were entertaining!! Did you step on any jellyfish? Get stung? I hope not....we know what happens when someone gets stung...!! The massage sounded like a treat! Did the school give you a yellow shirt, or did you have to go buy one? And what did you do with the kindergarden kids all day?
I get so excited to hear about your adventures... keep the stories rolling in!
By
Anonymous, at 9:49 PM
Hi Krista.
Congrats on the safe travel and all the wonderful things you experiencing.
Stay Safe and know that we are all glad your there enjoying the lifestyle and expanding your horizons.
I will keep reading up every now and then.
Hi to your family
BTW, did you know your Uncle is Parkers gym teacher... Parker said he is really fun!!
Be Well and enjoy every minute of your travels
Chass, Mike and the kids
By
Anonymous, at 9:52 PM
Hi, why is it so cheap in Thailand? I could probably live there myself. :P
By
Anonymous, at 9:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home