Soi dogs are MEAN!!!!
Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in. Hope things are well!
Okay, quick story for you all . . . I was walking to the gym this morning at 5:50am, at that time it’s quite dark, but the streets are crazy busy, and vendors are beginning to set up for the day. I saw 3 dogs ahead on the sidewalk, and thought “oh, they look cute” . . . you all know how I feel about dogs – I try to give the stray ones around here some attention. Well, these ones weren’t too nice, they started barking and showing their teeth and lurching towards me. Their barking alerted 3 more dogs that ran through a chain link fence to join their doggie gang. They forced me off the sidewalk and into a lane of traffic; in front of a cab that started blaring its horn. Before I knew it, I was screaming my heart out – shouting “NO” at the dogs, and speed walking away. Aaaaarrrgggggg! Why can’t these dogs be more like Sodie?!
This past weekend, we went out to Kanchanaburi (where I celebrated my birthday in November). It was a golf tournament for all 3 Lertlah buildings – about 40 people went out for the weekend, 25 golfers. Minivans were arranged to take us out there, and they were at our service for the entire weekend. The golfing took place on Saturday – with players having their own caddies. If people chose not to play, they were on their own for the day. Jill, Robyn, Jeff, Chevy, Ilda, and I went out to the Erawan Waterfalls. It is a 2km hike up to 7 different tiers of waterfalls – where we could swim at each level. It was really great. The fresh water was very blue and clear, and SO cold . . . but very refreshing during the hike! Fish liked to nibble at our toes!
On Saturday night, there was a Party Boat arranged for 4 hours . . . lots of drinking and dancing along the River Kwai! It was fun to see people from the other buildings. On Sunday, we headed back to Bangkok at 1:30 in the afternoon, and got home fairly quickly.
This week, I have been subbing in Kindergarten; 4 and 5 year olds. They are really cute and quite smart! It’s been just ‘busy work’ because the entire school is preparing for the year-end concert that takes place on Saturday. It’s supposed to be quite the sight – the costumes are amazing!
Okay, better go. Thinking about you and missing you!
This past weekend, we went out to Kanchanaburi (where I celebrated my birthday in November). It was a golf tournament for all 3 Lertlah buildings – about 40 people went out for the weekend, 25 golfers. Minivans were arranged to take us out there, and they were at our service for the entire weekend. The golfing took place on Saturday – with players having their own caddies. If people chose not to play, they were on their own for the day. Jill, Robyn, Jeff, Chevy, Ilda, and I went out to the Erawan Waterfalls. It is a 2km hike up to 7 different tiers of waterfalls – where we could swim at each level. It was really great. The fresh water was very blue and clear, and SO cold . . . but very refreshing during the hike! Fish liked to nibble at our toes!
On Saturday night, there was a Party Boat arranged for 4 hours . . . lots of drinking and dancing along the River Kwai! It was fun to see people from the other buildings. On Sunday, we headed back to Bangkok at 1:30 in the afternoon, and got home fairly quickly.
This week, I have been subbing in Kindergarten; 4 and 5 year olds. They are really cute and quite smart! It’s been just ‘busy work’ because the entire school is preparing for the year-end concert that takes place on Saturday. It’s supposed to be quite the sight – the costumes are amazing!
Okay, better go. Thinking about you and missing you!

2 Comments:
Hi Krista
I can't believe the dogs!!"Who Let the Dogs OUT" was not the song you were singing as you power walked. I'm glad you didn't let the dogs keep you away from the gym the next day.
Those falls look wonderful, how big are the fish that nibbled on your feet? Looking forward to seeing more pictures
Love Mom
By
Anonymous, at 2:44 AM
Krista, just thought I would check in to see how you are doing. Sounds great except for your dog incident - it must of been quite a shock. Thailand must be a beautiful place. Your tan is lovely. I am sure it will be the envy of all when you get back. By the way checked out your tattoo looks great - I am sure it must of hurt a little on your toe.
Take care of yourself,
Auntie Judy
By
Anonymous, at 9:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home