Krista's Return to Paradise . . . aka: Krabi!
This past weekend was wonderful! I was invited to join Nicole and her parents; June and Glen, and their friends; Deb and Bob, to go down to Krabi. Nicole and I took Monday off, as a personal day (we are allowed one unpaid day/year) to make a long weekend for ourselves. We were in Krabi for Christmas and I absolutely loved it, so I was really eager to return.
It’s so amazing down south. The rock formations are spectacular . . . Krabi is one of the top spots in Thailand for rock climbing. The water is a fantastic colour, the sand is so white, and the palm trees are such a sight. Krabi has a relaxed feel, not so “touristy” . . . and it was so quiet compared to Christmas time. We relaxed on the beach, enjoyed amazing sunsets, and had great meals. The six of us went kayaking on Sunday afternoon; which was fun, though the water was choppy!
The students will be starting final exams next week. And then we have year-end concert on Saturday, March 3rd. Apparently, this is a day-long affair, and puts the Sports Day to shame! The students are getting costumes made, and the parents go all out for this day. So, the school year is coming to a close . . . then, we get a 2 week break (the 4 of us girls are heading to Vietnam), followed by camp for 3 weeks (with a 1 week break for Songkran – the Water Festival). And then my contract is over April 30th. The 4 of us are travelling for May, and I am due back in Winnipeg on May 31st! Really looking forward to seeing everyone . . .
It’s so amazing down south. The rock formations are spectacular . . . Krabi is one of the top spots in Thailand for rock climbing. The water is a fantastic colour, the sand is so white, and the palm trees are such a sight. Krabi has a relaxed feel, not so “touristy” . . . and it was so quiet compared to Christmas time. We relaxed on the beach, enjoyed amazing sunsets, and had great meals. The six of us went kayaking on Sunday afternoon; which was fun, though the water was choppy!
The students will be starting final exams next week. And then we have year-end concert on Saturday, March 3rd. Apparently, this is a day-long affair, and puts the Sports Day to shame! The students are getting costumes made, and the parents go all out for this day. So, the school year is coming to a close . . . then, we get a 2 week break (the 4 of us girls are heading to Vietnam), followed by camp for 3 weeks (with a 1 week break for Songkran – the Water Festival). And then my contract is over April 30th. The 4 of us are travelling for May, and I am due back in Winnipeg on May 31st! Really looking forward to seeing everyone . . .

2 Comments:
Hey Krista!!
What a beautiful photo!!! It'll be turning into a poster when you get home! I'm glad you had a great time in Krabi and I wanted to see more pics, but your photos are no longer available. Just a heads up so you can look into it.
Love you and miss you lots!
Leah
By
Anonymous, at 8:03 AM
Hi Krista
Well, it sounds like you have some wonderful sites coming up. Take lots of pictures, the end of the year concert will be different. I have 19 albums that I can view of photos right now.
Miss you
Love Mom
By
Anonymous, at 12:24 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home