Krista in Thailand

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Feeling a chill in Thailand?!


Okay, I never thought I’d say this, but we’ve all been feeling a bit of a chill in the mornings or late evenings. What’s that about?! (right dad?!) I checked the weather this morning (7:30 am) and it was 20 c! Can you believe that?! Yes, I’ll stop my gloating . . . 20 feels cool to me. Whoa, I can only imagine what it’s like at home. The nice thing is that there is basically NO humidity; so it’s kinda refreshing to be outside; with exception to the pollution and garbage along the sidewalks (ha ha ha).

This past weekend, Nicole, Ilda, and I went to Ko Samet with Kristen and 3 of her friends from home. It was my second time to the island and it was just as beautiful as I had remembered. I just wish it was closer to Bangkok . . . it’s quite the production to get out there. We have to leave school right at 4:30, get a cab to the BTS station, take the skytrain to the bus station, (we only had 3 minutes to spare before the 6:00 bus) . . . take the bus for 4 hours (it takes FOREVER to get out of Bangkok – the traffic is soooooo mental), and then take a speedboat to the island.

I’m really happy we went away this weekend, it’s so nice to relax on the beach. The sand is fantastic – so fine and white, and the water is a beautiful turquoise. I succumbed to my fruit shake addiction . . . . I’ll definitely have to invest in a good blender when I get back to Winnipeg!

This week at school, we are doing ‘Secret Santa’, and we are putting on activities for the students on Friday. Nicole and I are doing ‘ice diving’ . . . . where students have to dip their hands into buckets of ice to retrieve a prize – should remind us foreigners of thoughts of home. All the staff from the 3 Lertlah schools are getting together for a Christmas dinner tomorrow at one of the owners. Apparently, it’s really great every year.

I am leaving Saturday morning for Krabi, and returning on Christmas day. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and I wish you health and happiness for the new year.

Take care and stay warm.

3 Comments:

  • Jingle Bells,
    Jingle Bells,
    Jingle all the way,
    Oh, what fun it is to lie,
    On a hot Thai beach all day
    HEY!
    One more time.. !!

    I "dig" your "sand"man...

    Have a fun Christmas, and don't worry about missing anything...we'll leave the tree up till you get home...do you think mom and dad will go for it? hehehe...

    We "miss" you a Merry Christmas...and very warm new year!

    Love your favorite sister!

    Leah. (just in case you thought Sodie learned how to type!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

  • Hi Ms. Wasney! It's kelsey M from Mr. R's class. just thought i'd say Merry Christmas. grade six is going really well. Today was the last day of school before christmas holidays! Yippee! i hope your having a good time in thailand. have a happy new year. Bye for now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 AM  

  • MERRY CHRISTMAS KRISTA!!!

    love leah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home