Fun at the Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan
Hey everyone!
I hope this finds you well! I'm officially done teaching! Can you believe it?! On Friday, April 27th, I had my last day of camp and life at Lertlah . . . my camp kids sang a wonderful rendition of a Five Senses song to the tune of 'Old MacDonald had a Farm' to the parents. It was pretty cute. It was surreal to leave. I have made many close friends here in Thailand - foreign and Thai. That night, we went to a party at a house that is home to 6 foreign teachers. It was really fun!
On Saturday morning, I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth yanked out for "cheap, cheap". I am so impressed that I'm not swollen at all! That afternoon, we moved out of our apartments at Condotown - it was kinda sad to leave; as it's been my home for the last 8 months or so! That night, we headed down to Khoa San Road to board a night bus down to Koh Phangan. This island is renown for its Full Moon Parties, so the 7 of us (me, Kristen, Nicole, Jill, Ryan, Brian, and Am) were gearing up for a great time! The weather hasn't been too fantastic . . . it's actually nicer in Winnipeg than here! It's been totally overcast and rainy the whole time, but we've made the best of it! The nights leading up to the Full Moon has been WAY better for partying . . . the actual Full Moon Party was so overwhelming - I was so worried that we would get lost in the crowd!
And now, I am a little sad . . . Jill and I are on our own now; as Kristen and Nicole are headed to Australia for the month of May. Jill and I are staying in Koh Phangan until May 5th, returning to Bangkok on a night train, and then boarding a plane to go to Bali from May 6th to the 13th. I'm really looking forward to travelling and crossing my fingers that the weather improves!
. . . soon to be counting down the days until my return to Winnipeg! Can't WAIT to see everyone, especially Sodie!
Take care!
I hope this finds you well! I'm officially done teaching! Can you believe it?! On Friday, April 27th, I had my last day of camp and life at Lertlah . . . my camp kids sang a wonderful rendition of a Five Senses song to the tune of 'Old MacDonald had a Farm' to the parents. It was pretty cute. It was surreal to leave. I have made many close friends here in Thailand - foreign and Thai. That night, we went to a party at a house that is home to 6 foreign teachers. It was really fun!
On Saturday morning, I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth yanked out for "cheap, cheap". I am so impressed that I'm not swollen at all! That afternoon, we moved out of our apartments at Condotown - it was kinda sad to leave; as it's been my home for the last 8 months or so! That night, we headed down to Khoa San Road to board a night bus down to Koh Phangan. This island is renown for its Full Moon Parties, so the 7 of us (me, Kristen, Nicole, Jill, Ryan, Brian, and Am) were gearing up for a great time! The weather hasn't been too fantastic . . . it's actually nicer in Winnipeg than here! It's been totally overcast and rainy the whole time, but we've made the best of it! The nights leading up to the Full Moon has been WAY better for partying . . . the actual Full Moon Party was so overwhelming - I was so worried that we would get lost in the crowd!
And now, I am a little sad . . . Jill and I are on our own now; as Kristen and Nicole are headed to Australia for the month of May. Jill and I are staying in Koh Phangan until May 5th, returning to Bangkok on a night train, and then boarding a plane to go to Bali from May 6th to the 13th. I'm really looking forward to travelling and crossing my fingers that the weather improves!
. . . soon to be counting down the days until my return to Winnipeg! Can't WAIT to see everyone, especially Sodie!
Take care!

2 Comments:
Hi Krista!!
It was great to talk to you yesterday and hear about the Full Moon Party. I can't even imagine how many people must have been on the beach! Pure craziness I assume!
I have started my countdown until you get home..(so has Sodie!)
Take care and I miss you!!
Love Leah
By
Anonymous, at 6:44 AM
Hi Krista
26 days until your home...
I can't wait to hear about Bali...Enjoy your holiday time away.
Love Mom
By
Anonymous, at 8:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home