Krista in Thailand

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Terrific Thailand - the last few weeks!


Hi everyone!

Well, I'm home - back in Winnipeg! I arrived at 2:15 on Thursday, May 31st. Surprisingly, I'm not that tired, yet . . . I'm sure it will start to hit me! It was so wonderful to see Leah, and Mom and Dad, and of course, Soda!

Okay, after Bali, Jill and I headed back to southern Thailand. We stayed at an amazing resort on Railay Beach - the fanciest place I have ever stayed in! We took in spectacular sunsets and enjoyed the sun during the day. Railay Beach has these fantastic rock formations - it's one of the top places in the world for rock climbing!

On Tuesday, May 22nd, we left Railay Beach and headed to Koh Lanta, an island in the south of Thailand. It was definitely LOW season . . . when we arrived, there was only one other family at the resort! We didn't use the beach because there was a lot of rubbish washed up on the shore. It was still really nice to relax and soak up the sun. Jill's friend, Alex got a bit bored of us over the week and took off to Koh Phi Phi on his own.

Jill left on Monday, May 28th to return to Bangkok. I started my journey home on Tuesday, May 29th. I took a night bus back to Bangkok and arrived very early on Wednesday morning. I went back to Lertlah to visit some teachers that are staying on for a 2nd year, and to see some of my students. I was told I looked Thai! I went to Khoa San Road for a last-minute shopping spree, and then headed to the airport at 8pm. I flew to Tokyo, and then Chicago, and then Winnipeg.

So, it looks like this will be my last post . . . as I'm no longer in Thailand - the whole "www.kristainthailand.blogspot.com" doesn't make sense anymore!

It's time for me to search for a "real" teaching job, ride my bike, and make some glass jewellery!

Thanks for always taking the time to read my blog, and leaving comments when you do!

5 Comments:

  • Hi Krista
    Great to have you home...Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. You might get a job taking pictures for someone, you have done a wonderful job.Thanks for sharing your stories with us all.
    Love Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 AM  

  • Hi Krista!!

    I AM so excited that you are home!! I have the rest of the summer planned out for us...I'm not joking. Seriously I have lots of ideas (and now that you are a professional photographer you can document all of our adventures!)

    Thank you so much for keeping in touch so well. My highlight of the winter was see if you had written a new story about your travels. And I know I was not the only one regularly checking your blog-everyone I talked to loved spying on you!! Everyone always had the came comment "Krista's pictures are so beautiful and she tells such a great story-so well written!"

    Welcome home Krista!!
    Love Leah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 AM  

  • Hello Krista,
    Sad to read the travels, for now are over ... was really enjoying seeing Thailand through your eyes.
    I was also one of those checking up on you every other day at least, really enjoyed the photos and the creative writting! I think it can't be easy to keep that all up while enjoying yourself in the process ... time just flys by when your having fun. Hope to see more of your photos! I am sure everybody is happy to see you at home, all the same.
    Love
    cousin Jacq

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • Great! I loved reading about your adventures in Thailand I dont know why i waited till now to read your blog you'll probably never read this as you've abandoned your blog but if you do are you still teaching in Winnipeg?

    By Blogger Melina, at 12:14 AM  

  • Heyy Krista
    It's actually Rebekah. I rember you left your blog on the chalk board in grade six. I wrote it down and tried it But i could never find your blog on the internet! luckly here i am in grade 8 and my good old buddy melina Giesbrecht helped me along to get into your blog. Apparently I have heard that you are now teaching in Birdshill school for kindergarden ( Melina told me)I wonder how that is going? I read what you wrote your blog is great! I luv the pictures you took that gives us a better idea of were you went and the places and people you saw. I hope to hear from you soon.
    Hopefully this time I will rember your blog again.

    By Blogger Melina, at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home